Vomittendency in brushing
Hi, every morning when I do brush, I feel vomiting, this I am facing from last 7 year, earlier it used to some yellow liquid also come at time of brusing of teeth , I have discussed with many doctors, some told me it is a gastric problem, some told me it is my phobia, kindly advise

Dr. Purnima Komarraju
Dentist 18 yrs exp Bangalore

A sensation of vomiting is associated with three causes, either in isolation or in combination. a)increased gastric secretion over night b)A pronounced gag reflex c)Increased anxiety. Treatment- a)have at least 1-2 glasses of water as soon as you get up. b)avoid taking heavy , fatty ,oily food in dinner. c)avoid aggressive cleaning of the back of the tongue. If the above treatment doesnot help , one may need a course of antacids. Hope this helps. Regards.