Vomiting during periods

I am 27yr female and having vomiting on first day of period from past 4 months. Before that I used to take meftal spas for one day becz I usually have cramps on first day. After leaving the medicine I am having cramps with vomiting. Which last for one day or few hours. Is it normal? I am getting married soon. One of my friend scared by saying it can be PCOD. My BMI is normal and on first day of period having this pblm. Periods are regular and cycle varies from 23 to 26 days. Please suggest.

Dr. Sarika Dahiphale
Infertility Specialist 12 yrs exp Pune

Stop worrying if you don't have irregular periods about pcod.... Start breathing exercises releives some congestion during first one or two days of period.... Life style change help you out from such problem....
Dr. Astha Dayal
Gynecologist 14 yrs exp Gurgaon

Vomiting and cramping are common on the first day of menses and it does NOT mean you have pcod. You can take medication for vomiting and pain if needed.
Dr. Gayatri Bala Juneja
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 22 yrs exp Delhi
Vomiting and pain are pretty normal on day 1 of periods. No it doesn't mean that you are having PCOD. Try and avoid spicy, oily and excess of salty food prior to your cycles. That should help. You can safely take painkillers like meftal spas for pain and anti emetic for vomiting.