Vomiting during periods

I am 27yr female and having vomiting on first day of period from past 4 months. Before that I used to take meftal spas for one day becz I usually have cramps on first day. After leaving the medicine I am having cramps with vomiting. Which last for one day or few hours. Is it normal? I am getting married soon. One of my friend scared by saying it can be PCOD. My BMI is normal and on first day of period having this pblm. Periods are regular and cycle varies from 23 to 26 days. Please suggest.

Doctor Answers (3) on Vomiting during periods

Dr. Sarika Dahiphale
11 yrs. of exp | Pune | Infertility Specialist

INR 450 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Stop worrying if you don't have irregular periods about pcod.... Start breathing exercises releives some congestion during first one or two days of period.... Life style change help you out from such problem....
Dr. Gayatri Bala Juneja
22 yrs. of exp | Delhi | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Vomiting and pain are pretty normal on day 1 of periods. No it doesn't mean that you are having PCOD. Try and avoid spicy, oily and excess of salty food prior to your cycles. That should help. You can safely take painkillers like meftal spas for pain and anti emetic for vomiting.
Dr. Astha Dayal
13 yrs. of exp | Gurgaon | Gynecologist
Vomiting and cramping are common on the first day of menses and it does NOT mean you have pcod. You can take medication for vomiting and pain if needed.