Vitiligo can cure
Hi, is this cured 100% or make our mindset that it is anyhow grabs you for lifetime. My brothers son 8years old who have this problame from 1&1/5 yr that white spots maximum growing on feet first then some are on knees now they spreadoverall body we have continue treatment at skin dr. but I am afraid of is it cure or n

Dr. Pradnya Shastri
Dermatologist 9 yrs exp Mumbai

Basically, vitiligo, for whatever reasons, can be treated (depending on the type) but unfortunately cannot be cured. But do not worry. Continue your treatment. Treatment takes a little time. All the best.
Dr. Vijay Adhe
Dermatologist 10 yrs exp Pune
Hi Vitiligo occurs due to destruction of colour forming cells of our skin i.e. melanocytes. There are various reasons responsible for the same which are not in control of an individual like genetics. Vitiligo can be controlled and pigmentation can return in all lesions. But chances of recurrence are there. Every individual patient is different so is his treatment which depends on age, type of vitiligo and severity of disease spread. Treatment can change depending on response to treatment. Please visit a qualified dermatologist for further management. Dr Vijay Adhe Eternis Skin & Hair Clinic Pune