Vitamin D deficiency

I have been taking Calcirol (60,000 IU / 1 / Week) from last 8 months since my Vit D levels were low (13). In spite of taking it without miss levels are still low (20). Any reasons / suggestions ?

Hello there. The VIT d3 from tablet is just 60000IU which fills up the stores very slowly. I would suggest getting injections of VIT D3 6lakh IU per week for 5 weeks then one injection per month for 3 months for replenishment of the stores. Also you need to sit in the sun for atleast 20-30 mins a day everyday so that VIT D3 can be naturally synthesised in your body. Naturally synthesised VIT D3 is more potent and available than the one given as supplement. Consult a physician in person for further help. Regards
Dr. Sunil Kumar. V
General Surgeon 7 yrs exp Bangalore
U need to consult a physician. The calcium levels u mentioned are high and not low(as per common units followed in labs) and it needs to prescribed keeping your age and if any disease in consideration. Donot blindly take any medications.