Vitamin D/B 12 deficiency

Mom had high fever with cough/cold. Recovered now but tests reveal Vitamin D and B12 deficiency. 1. What is the best way to fix this? 2. What could be the possible causes? 3. What should we be wary of going forward2?

Doctor Answers (2) on Vitamin D/B 12 deficiency

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. The deficiency is common in females and elderly. These can be due to either insufficient intake of the nutrients or improper processing and absorption. In your mom's case it could be the insufficient intake. And vitamin D3 is due to inadequate sun exposure. Body can synthesise vitamin d3 on its own when exposed to sun before 1. Get adequate sun exposure like upto 20 minutes a day with atleast 20 percent body area exposed. Inj. Uprise D3 once a week for 4 weeks. Tab. D3 must 60k once a week for 12 weeks. Tab. Supracal pro once a day after food for 1 month. Tab. Absolut 3g once a day after food for 1 konth. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Dr. Pallavi Mehta Mumbai | General Physician
Hello Dear, Vitamin D deficiency happens mainly because of lack of sun exposure. Vitamin B12 deficiency is common in people who are pure vegetarian. The only way to fix this problem is to take supplements. If you can share the values of her D and B12 levels, I will be able to suggest that most appropriate doasge