Very low libido
I am mother of two year old. I am experiencing very low libido since the birth of little one. Is this normal. Should I consult a specialist?

Dr. Neelima Deshpande
Sexologist 26 yrs exp Pune

Thank you for your question. I'm sorry you are suffering. Decreased libido is common following the birth of a child. You are more tired, may be anaemic and your focus is on your baby. Most women find that as they recover from the delivery their libido returns. If they are breast feeding they may experience vaginal dryness which can be overcome by using a water based lubricant. It is uncommon for this to persist more than a year after delivery. You may benefit from seeing your doctor who can do some baseline blood tests. You may wish to talk to your husband about what is bothering you. It may be fear of another pregnancy, unreal expectations, managing baby home and work and your need for a break. Sometimes taking some time away can help rekindle the flame. Try reading 'the joy of sex' by Alex comfort and Susan Quilliam Hope this helps