Very frequent tonsils

Hi Sir, My daughter is facing very frequent tonsils from past 2 years. I would like to go for operation for this problem. Since her age is only 4 years till now but she is facing lot of problem with tonsils. She also has adenoids. this is coming as hereditary We are planning to go for operation. Please suggest us on how much it costs and what is the best suitable time for consultation

Doctor Answers (2) on Very frequent tonsils

Dr. Sandhya Patil Bangalore | ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist
Recurrent attacks of tonsillitis 6-7episodes in a year or 5attacks per year for consecutive years we advise to get it removed by surgery. Adenoids only if the child has issues like mouth breathing, snoring , frequent ear infections secondary to adenoids will be advised to get removed after an X-ray confirmation of more than 50% blockade. The cost depends on hospital in corporate it will be around 45-50k depending on which ward you opt also.
Dr. Sandeep Dachuri Bangalore | ENT/ Otolaryngologist
If she is getting more than 5 episodes of tonsillitis per year in the past 2 consecutive years, then it is advisable to get the tonsillectomy done. If adenoid hypertrophy is also present, get them also removed. She will breathe better after surgery. The cost depends on the SURGEON and the room in which You stay. Approximately it may cost around 50,000₹ in any metropolitan city. But again it depends on the center