Vertigo type feeling.

Hello Doctor, About two months ago I was getting head spin sort of feeling whenever I turn my head immediately.i referred a general physician he told me I have vertigo may b bcoz I was working 12+hrs per day and smoking a lot.. I took the precautions n took rest n stoppbed smoking.. Recently I started having it again though I am not smoking that much and not working that much ..also getting around at least 7+ hrs sleep.. Could you please tell me why am I getting such feeling again.. Thanks a lot Vipul

Doctor Answers (2) on Vertigo type feeling.

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) is one of the most common causes of vertigo — the sudden sensation that you're spinning or that the inside of your head is spinning. Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo causes brief episodes of mild to intense dizziness. Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo is usually triggered by specific changes in the position of your head.Often, there's no known cause for BPPV. This is called idiopathic BPPV. When a cause can be determined, BPPV is often associated with a minor to severe blow to your head. Less common causes of BPPV include disorders that damage your inner ear or, rarely, damage that occurs during ear surgery or during prolonged positioning on your back, such as in a dentist chair. BPPV also has been associated with migraines. Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo may go away on its own within a few weeks or months. But, to help relieve BPPV sooner, your doctor, audiologist or physical therapist may treat you with a series of movements known as the canalith repositioning procedure.
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello..  I would suggest you to follow up with your e n t specialist so that we can examine and assess what is wrong again.... it is it possible that you might be suffering from bppv ...so it's better you consult your ENT specialist... it can keep recurring also..thank you