Vertigo due to acidity

I just want to ask is there possibility that positional vertigo can be caused due to indigestion acidity and gastric problem? I have been facing this issue since last 4 years. I feel indigestion and vertigo are both interrelated. Please guide me and help me clear my doubt. Thank you.

Doctor Answers (2) on Vertigo due to acidity

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil Bangalore | ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist
Vertigo can be caused by BPPV ( Otolith displacement related Vestibulitis) and also due to Acute Acid Labyrinthitis due to Eustachian Tube Dysfunction due to Reflux Esophagopharyngitis. What you are suffering from is the second condition. Antireflux agents containing alginates will resolve your issue along with good nasal decongestant drops. Please use this app to find and meet a good ENT Specialist in your city to examine you & do the needful. If you are able to make it to Bangalore, I would be very happy to help you out myself.
Dr. Pinaki Mazumder Kolkata | ENT/ Otolaryngologist
B.P.P.V or benign paroxysmal positional vertigo is a condition caused by a mechanical defect in the inner ear. Calcium carbonate crystals (otoconia) which remain embedded in the utricle get dislodged due to various reasons and float freely in the semi circular canals. During head movements they stimulate the vestibular end organs and cause the sensation of vertigo. Particle repositioning techniques, such as Epley's maneuver can cure the condition. During an episode of vertigo the vagus nerve is stimulated, which in turn gives rise to symptoms like nausea , vomiting, gastric acid secretion & sometimes bowel movement. So acidity is not the cause, but the effect.