Vericose veins
I HV a varicose vein's in the thighs and legs. Above the knee of the left leg swelling with pain if I stand for a long hours.

Avoid sitting Cross legged. Avoid Squatting- Quadriceps Exercises- Lie straight, make a towel role and put it under the knee, press the keen against the role, hold it for 20 secs. Repeat 20 times twice a day. This will help relieve some pain. Core Strengthening Exercise- Straight Leg Raised With Toes Turned Outward, repeat 10 times, twice a day. Hams Stretching- lie straight, take the leg up, pull the feet towards yourself, with a elastic tube or normal belt. repeat 10 times, twice a day. Sports Taping- stretch the tape from both ends and apply on the affected area Contrast Fomentation (Hot and Cold).
If you have varicose veins above knee then you need to consult an interventional radiologist
Stockings and elevation of leg may work in initial stages but I would advise you to consult an interventional radiologist
Be careful and avoid standing for long duration and consult a doctor immediately if you have wound on your leg. Hope you are non diabetic. Get well soon
Greetings, sorry about your pain. Varicose veins are not a concern and is not related to your knee pain.  You get knee pain because of poor muscle utilisation even if you do exercise.  Your knee pain is of no concern unless your description is little elaborate.
massage the area around knee,ie back thigh. front thigh and side thigh and calf region (area behind lower leg at muscle bulk).  there will be muscle spasm around knee causing knee pain.  do massage twice a day along with ice for 10 min. pain should be down by 40% in first attempt. swelling will subside with ice and rest.
do hamstrings and calf stretching.   see videos in YouTube. stretching Will help relax muscles. if further concerns do exist do contact me.
Stretching and few sitings of therapeutic ultrasound can work in your case
Immediately visit an experienced physiotherapist near you