Vasectomy surgery

Hi Doctors, I am from Chennai. Need to understand about Vasectomy, it's side effects if any. Want to know where I can get the same done in Chennai. Need to know if any Govt hospital in chennai were Vasectomy surgery is conducted. Need to know about the cost of undergoing the same. I don't have any medical problems yet.

Doctor Answers (2) on Vasectomy surgery

Hi Vasectomy is removal of a portion of tube(usually about 2 cms) that carries sperm from testicle to the outside. It is done by two small cuts on both sides of the scrotum. You can be discharged the same day. It can be done under local anaesthetic or general/spinal anaesthetic. Side effects are possibility of wound infection, bleeding or very rarely failure of the procedure.
All major governtment hospitals in chennai offers the procedure and all the urolgist in private hospitals also offer the procedure. It will cost from 30,000 to 40,000 in private hospitals.
Dr Anish Kumar Gupta Delhi | Andrologist
Mostly Vasectomy does not have any side effects. Though other methods of contraception should be used for atleast 12 - 13 ejaculation and till it is confirmed that you are azoospermic. Some people have discharge from op site and some develop some chronic nagging pain. All in all a very harmless procedure. I don't have an idea about the logistics of the procedure in Chennai. But a local Urologist should be able to help you in that.