Vaginal problem
I had taken medicine for vaginal yeast infection for the first time lasting 1 week(nov 19 to nov 24'2016).It was not cleared off completely the first time.After 1 month again I took medicine for 2 weeks as it stated again,the irritation stops ,so I discontinue (on 1 Jan)......then again it starts to itch a bit by 4 Jan but with not associated with other symptoms ,my period usually comes by 4th /5th ,this month it hasn't come yet.When i started taking the medications the 2nd time also,I feel the same irritation around these dates of the month.What could be the reason for this?How long does it usually takes for the vaginal yeast infection to clear off completely?Is any serious complications happening to me?

Hello, You should better get a routine urine culture test and other tests as prescribed by your doctor to determine the main cause behind repeated infection. Also, maintain proper personal hygiene and drink lots of water. You can also visit my clinic International Fertility Centre located in New Delhi for further evaluation. My clinic offers varied gynecology treatments and services to help you have a successful treatment. You can mail me your contact details so that I can get in touch with you.

Talk to experienced sexologist online and get your health questions answered in just 5 minutes.

+177
Chat with a sexologist
Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  Vahinal yeast infections are a common occurence in people who have blood sugar issues. So have you got your sugars checked? If not, then get it done once to be sure. Usually a 7 days course or sometimes even 2 weeks course is required for the infection to clear. You have to maintain proper hygeine also. Use candid v-gel as per instructions on the package for 7 days and see. If not, then consult a gynaecologist in person for further evaluation and management. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.