Vaginal itching

Have a serious itching in exterior vagina. After serious scratching it git bruised. But no burning sensation while peeing nor any white discharge. Just itching alone. Should I consult a dermatologist or gynecologist? PS : I'm married and we always use condom and not trying for baby yet.
views-icons 33 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Vaginal itching

doctor profile image
Dr. Neelima Deshpande
26 yrs. of exp | Pune | Sexologist
Thank you for your question. You may see either a gynaecologist or a skin specialist. often itching is felt outside but an internal examination called a speculum examination can determine if the cause is within the vagina. Rarely other skin conditions can be associated with severe itching swelling and bruising too. Allergies to sanitary wear, soap or perfumed talc can also be responsible. with best wishes for a quick recovery.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
message icon Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?