Vaginal discharge
Since last 2 months, I had vaginal discharge with blood between periods. It was very less in amount. But this time I had visible vaginal discharge with blood on 12th day of my period. I am unmarried. I had my sonography done last month. Report was normal. Please suggest if any steps are needed to be taken.

Dr. Lakshmi H K
Gynecologist 11 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi,Non infected vaginal discharge is normal from the age of puberty to menopause.Needs to be treated only if infected( foul smelling,curdy white/greenish yellow in colour,associated with itching).Usually non infected vaginal discharge if not exposed to sexual activity. At the time of ovulation(mid cycle),vaginal discharge is more and blood stained. May be you are having ovulation discharge.Check with Gynecologist once.