URSL - Kidney stones

Hi Doctors, As I am having a stone in my left ureter undergone URSL on 10th sep 2016 without DG stent as doctor told they completed procedure in 10 mins. They discharged next day as all my vitals are good. First 2 days I am fine and 3rd day onwards severe fever and headache. Yesterday I consulted the doctor and he told it is common due to urinary tract infection. Also in ultrasound and CT they identified a small calculi strucked to ureter wall and confirmed that it is not obstructing the flow. Is fever common post URSL? Is there any problem with that small particle which is left out. Very rarely mild pain left side.

Doctor Answers (1) on URSL - Kidney stones

Dr. Vijay Kumar Binwal Jaipur | Nephrologist/Renal Specialist
Although some fragments might remain in ureter, because in URSL stone is fragmented in small pieces , till fragments can be removed through narrowed caliber ureter . In this process it's very common that some of very small fragments left behind, which ultimately passes with in 2-3 weeks. Also because due to fragmentation of stone , bacteria residing in core of stone released in urine, so fever is common phenomena postoperatively. But you should continuously in touch with your treating Urologist. After 2-3 weeks he can plan  diagnostic test to confirm clearance of stone fragments.