Urinary retention.

My father have problem sugar,and some time constipation.some days ago urine infection is got by doctor and we admitted.this day urine is not out and doctor give catheter.then upto 5 days antibiotic was injected.all the report except sugar and urine pus cell normal.after 45 days hiccups is come continually. Then we go to doctor.doctor give medicine.and told for urine test.and infection was again come.hiccups was stay 3 days.on 4th urine retention is got and doctor give him catheter and antibiotic. In ultrsono prostate is OK.what I do...pls give me better suggestion.

Hello there , I can understand your concern urinary track infection is frequently encountered by diabetics. proper glycemic control and adequate water intake are necessary to control urinary tracked infection .consult a diabetologist for proper glycemic control and ask your father to drink lots of water . Apart from this whatever treatment was given was absolutely correct . Best regards Dr. Anil Kumar Jain
Dr. Bhavatej Enganti
Andrologist 9 yrs exp Hyderabad
Please visit an urologist for opinion he must having prostate problem which needs evaluation. Take care.