Urinary issues

I'm an 19 yrs female. Two yrs back following proximal stricture in right ureter, stent was implanted and on review after two months,stent was removed. Recently, I'm finding intermittent obstruction in flow of urine with incomplete emptiness of bladder. Recent RE & CS of urine do not show any growth. X'Ray and ultrasound of abdomen do not show any inconsistency in abdomen. But, I'm feeling the flow of urine is interrupted and bladder is not emptying fully. No other associated symptom such as fever, chills, nausea exixts. Local Physician suspects hidden UTI and prescribed "Oflin" which I am taking......but no improvement...................Kindly help me out to decide further treatment........Regards,

Doctor Answers (1) on Urinary issues

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello. You should know that female urethra is close to anal canal and it is also short compared to males, so chances of reinfection is high in females. Maintaing a clean hygiene is very important in preventing the reinfection. Drink plenty of water to get rid of bacteria setteled in the urethra or bladder.avoid wearing tight pants, since excessive sweating will act as a breeding site for bacteria.whenever you feel there is a need to go for toilet try to avoid holding it back but avoid public toilets or unclean places which can serve as a source of bacteria for reinfections.sometimes a kidney stone impaction can result in recurrent infection.Injury to back bone can cause neurogenic bladder dysfunction.sometimes this might be psychological so try to destress by doing meditation and yoga on regular basis. If possible kindly consult a urologist for further management.