Urethral stricture
Short segment urethral stricture from 10years . now after VDU IT HAS REAPPEARED ANY PERMANENT SOLUTION OTHER THAN URETHRO PLASTY.
110 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Sagar KS
General Practitioner 2 yrs exp Bangalore
Hi sir, Corrective treatment is necessary only if your stricture causes problems. Treatment options include Catheterization: Inserting catheter into your bladder to drain urine is the usual first step for treating urine blockage .Dilation: In this procedure, your doctor inserts a tiny wire through the urethra and into the bladder. Progressively larger dilators pass over the wire to gradually increase the size of the urethral opening. This opd procedure may be an option for recurrent urethral strictures. Implanted stent or permanent catheter: If you have a severe stricture and choose not to have surgery, you may opt for a permanent artificial tube (stent) to keep the urethra open, or a permanent catheter to drain the bladder.but, these procedures have several disadvantages, including risk of bladder irritation, discomfort and urinary tract infections.consult urologist for furthur evaluation and treatment
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?