Under eye darkening

I have dark under eyes (I am allergic to dust mites) , they keep on increasing and spreading. It itches and my under eyes and eye lashes swell and I also get wrinkles. Please help.

Doctor Answers (1) on Under eye darkening

Dr. Rajdeep Bangalore | Dermatologist
Dark circles or under eye pigmentation has lots of causes. In your case probably rubbing the eyes due to allergy. You could use a mild steroid cream like desonide twice daily for 5 days. Maintain with a moisturiser daily and try avoiding dusty areas. Try not to rub your eyes. If the pigmentation still persists procedures can be done like chemical peels after your allergy has subsided. However your skin maybe very sensitive and you will have to start with very mild peels initially and may require several sessions gradually increasing the strength of peels to give good results. Please note that use of steroid creams is only to come out of the allergy and must never be used for long periods. If your allergy recurrs you will have to be put on other medicines which have lesser side effects than steroids. All the procedures must be done by a trained dermatologist after assessing your skin. The medicines also must be prescribed after a consultation with a dermatologist. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore