Under Eye Dark Circles

I know its because of Allergy (Running Nose and Watery Eyes- rubbing) it has developed in the past 4 years. Its not at all hereditary or because of any other reasons. I also know that in case I follow the healthy/normal diet/routine, I would gradually be controlled BUT as if now I need a treatment for this on an urgent basis. Kindly help me with that- I came to know about Chemical Peeling/ Laser Treatments etc. I am not sure which would be ideal and more effective. Also, Some creams are available- but which ones to use...I need answers to all these questions .

Doctor Answers (4) on Under Eye Dark Circles

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
hello this dark circles is due to allergy treat allergy and slowly it will fade
Dr. Arun Rajan Thiruvananthapuram | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Im afraid there is quick solution to your problem. The reason for your dark circles is usually multifactorial an may not be only due to allergy, although that is one of the reasons. Dark circles are a reflection of an unhealthy lifestyle. 1) Sleep for 8 hours everyday. Inadequate sleep and tiredness is the single most important and the most common cause. But don't overdo it because oversleeping can also cause it. 2)Inadequate hydration and a diet which is not balanced will cause dark circles. Inadequate nutrition can cause anemia which in turn is another cause. 3)Uncorrected refractive error 4)Excessive rubbing of eyes increases dark circles 5) Stress or anxiety 6)smoking and alcohol consumption. Smoking causes the skin under your eyes to wrinkle due to loss of collagen. Alcohol causes dehydration. 7)caffeine consumption accentuates dark circles due to sleep deprivation. 8) Try to sleep on your back. Sleeping on your stomach may cause fluid retention under your eyes which causes dark circles 9) Newer studies are correlating Vitamin D deficiency (which is rampant in Indians) with dark circles. Get your Vitamin D3 level checked immediately and take supplements if necessary. This is a cause many people overlook and there is a very good chance that you may have it.
Dr. Vivek Sharma Saharanpur | Ophthalmologist
Relax, if u r healthy then there is no need of treatment.
Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
There are may causes for dark circles. Not only hereditary. It can due to friction dermatitis, vascular abnormalities, abnormal bony structure, vitamin deficiency. There's no permanent cure for it. Firstly stop rubbing under your eyes. Consult a Ent specialist for your allergies. Consulta dermatologist for further evaluation of dark circles. There's no immediate cure for dark circles. It will take sometime to see improvement.