Unable to gain weight.

Hello doctor I have been trying out many of the possible methods to gain weight and become fat but It all failed. I wanted to know how I could gain my body weight fast and become fat.cutrrently I am thin. I'm 19 years of age.i have got a good appetite but I just could not see any of the result it's like I am eating and eating and nothing comes out of could you please suggest me a possible and effective way how I would gain my body weight. Looking forward.
views-icons 41 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Unable to gain weight.

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there..I can understand your concern. It would have been better if you had posted your height, so that we could have calculated the appropriate weight for your height. Also it is important that you gain muscle mass and not fat. as you know few people have very high basic metabolism rate. It will be difficult for them to gain weight. Also one should remember gaining weight and losing weight is a very gradual process. It will a lot of time, patience and determination. You must follow a healthy diet and exercise schedule. Start having food rich in proteins like pulses, soyabeans, vegetables, fruits, egg whiteboiled , boiled chicken. Regarding exercises, start cycling or swimming or gyming, whatever you are comfortable with and enjoy most. You can also visit a dietician and endocrinologist for further queries.