Umblical hernia
Hi my friend has been diagnosed with umblical hernia. He do not want surgery now and want to wait and watch. My question can he postpone surgery and for how long. He has been diagnosed with initial stage of diabetes als recently. 0ls advise

Hello there. I can understand your concern but it's better to get the hernia repaired as soon as possible, because the more you delay, the more chances of complications due to hernia. Consult a general Surgeon and get it done. In the surgery as my colleague already stated, a incision is made and all the contents are reduced, and the abdominal wall is reinforced with a help of a synthetic mesh. Nothing great and the procedure will be fine. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.
Dr. Harisha N L

Hi there I understand your concern....surgery is typically recommended to avoid possible complications ....in which the surgeon makes an incision in your abdomen and pushes the protruding contents back into your abdomen and the weak area often is reinforced and supported with a synthetic mesh...Consult nearest surgeon they will do the needful.