Umbilical Hernia
My wife got a sonography done recently. An umbilical hernia of 1.5 cm length was found. There is no pain but there is a bulging in the navel area. She is experiencing constipation and bloating for last 15 days. Which specialist should we consult? Who treats such a problem? Is it a gastroenterologist or general physician. We are located in Pune.
187 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. R. Kamalakannan
GastroIntestinal Surgeon 18 yrs exp Chennai

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹300 for 24 hrs

Hernias of any type cannot be cured by medicines. The only option is surgery.  In smaller umbilical hernia surgery is simple and more cosmetic,  less complications.  Consult nearby surgical gastro enterologist.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.