Hiatus Hernia Treatment
Upon Endoscopy I was diagnosed with "Grade II hiatus hernia with prolapsing gastropathy with antral gastritis". I feel ok, except for some heartburn sometime. There were 3 instantces over 1 year period where I had coffee ground color vomit when I did not get enough sleep(~3 hours only). So should I sit in for a surgery for the hernia? Also I want to gain weight(BMI:19.0) and planning to go for gym workout, will that be o.k. or will I worsen the hernia? Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

Dr. J.Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
General Physician 18 yrs exp Chennai

First go for surgery Cure your hernia completely Then we can concentrate on body building