Typhoid Fever continuing
My mother a heart & diabetic patient is suffering from Typhoid since last 4 months. Fever is going and coming again every 2-3 days and staying for another 2-3 days. Her medications are on. Does typhoid really take this long to cure?

Hello there. I can understand your concern. It could be that she is a carrier of the disease and its not getting cleared completely. And also you must explore other causes of the fever apart from typhoid. Kindly consult a MD internal medicine in person for further evaluation and management. Best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.
Dr. Vipul Patadia
Consultant Physician 23 yrs exp Ahmedabad

Natural course of duration of typhoid illness is 3 weeks. If your mother has contineous fever since 4 monts then look for other cause of fever. As your mother is diabetic, pl check her glycemic control. Consult MD MEDICINE (Consultant Physician) For better examinatin, investigative work up & treatment.
Dr. Gyaneshwar
General Physician 41 yrs exp Ghaziabad
I have come across several of such cases. you have to maintain temp. chart. many cases do not resolve due to two reasons 1. incomplete treatment. Temp. should remain less than 98.4 for a week at lest before stopping proper treatment. 2. Resistant case may need some additional medicine and more prolonged treatment. Recurrence and harboring Bacteria for prolonged period in gall bladder & excretion in stool for prolonged period may cause carrier state. You will have to consult a physician for complete treatment and follow the instructions completely
Dr. Anirudh Agrawal
General Physician 26 yrs exp Delhi
She needs to be evaluated properly and then treatment changed accordingly.  These things cannot be treated online.