diabetes-icon
Tsh 46.5 normal t3 and t4
I have a 9 month old baby. Diagnosed with increased tsh level since past 6 years. Took 50 mg thyroxine for a couple of years. The day my baby was born I got my thyroid checked which came normal. Today agaim I got it checked it came tsh 46.5. My t3 n t4 always came normal. I have no signs and symptoms of hypothyroidism. Should I start medices? My weight is 50 kg. I feed my baby too.

Dr. Sheetal Aversekar
Diabetologist 8 yrs exp Mumbai

Yes you need to restart medicines. The dose would be decided after examining you. Henceforth, do not stop your thyroid medicines ever.