Trust issues

So I had cheated on my boyfriend the last year. He came to know about it then, soon.. Even I confessed my fault then. But I couldn't have afforded losing my boyfriend. After that, I seriously have been loyal to him. And I love him a lot more now. Idk how but I seriously do. I can't stay without him. Yesterday, the guy ,who I cheated w, on my boyfriend, sends me a request on instagram. I accepted it and returned it back to him too. So today my boyfriend starts doubting on me again. He's talking about a break up. I don't wanna break up. Please help.. I seriously love my boyfriend. He's not even picking my calls up. Please.. Help
views-icons 129 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (3) on Trust issues

Ms. Tishya Mahindru Shahani Vadodara | Clinical Psychologist
try and build your trust again. inform him about everything and show concern.
Hello. I can see that the relationship with your boyfriend is extremely important to you . Just like in the past, you could genuinely discuss the reasons for befriending this other friend with your boyfriend. Perhaps this discussion will help both of you explore the importance of your relationship and set rules & boundaries that are mutually agreeable. You could also explore on how you can build trust between the two of you so that the relationship is stronger.
Dr. Udayan Bhaumik Kolkata | Psychiatrist
You have to be firm and avoid meeting or attempting to contact the other guy..be happy with ur boyfriend as he must be a good partner for u..apologize to him or at least promise not to do it again.If u decide to like the new person better then go ahead..All the best.