Trembleness

Hi. I am 18. Suddenly when I was talking to my friend, I felt a sudden trembling in my legs.. I was unable to stand and instantly I would have fell down. I was unable to ride my bike also... Kindly help

Doctor Answers (1) on Trembleness

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, it could be orthostatic tremor.
Primary orthostatic tremor is a rare movement disorder characterized by a rapid tremor in the legs that occurs when standing. The tremor disappears partially or completely when an affected person is walking or sitting. Individuals with primary orthostatic tremor experience feelings of unsteadiness or imbalance. The tremor is sometimes described as causing "shaky legs" and can cause affected individuals to immediately attempt to sit or walk because of a fear of falling. In many cases, the tremors become more severe over time. Primary orthostatic tremor is a constant problem that can affect the quality of life of affected individuals. The exact cause of primary orthostatic tremor is unknown.
Various medications may help relieve symptoms associated with primary orthostatic tremor.
consult Neurologist...