teeth sensitivity is a result of loss of outer most layer(enamel) of teeth..that can be due to :
- Tooth grinding
- Acidic beverages (such as soda) that cause enamel erosion and dentin exposure.
- Brushing with a very abrasive toothpaste, brushing incorrectly and/or brushing more than three times a day could result in a loss of enamel.
- A chipped or fractured tooth may expose the dentin.
here are few steps to avoid sensitivity of teeth:
- Practice good oral hygiene.
- Use a sensitivity toothpaste like Sensodyne.
- Don't brush too hard.
- Use a softer toothbrush.
- Take care while consuming acidic foods.
- Use fluoridated dental products.
- Avoid grinding your teeth.
- See your dentist regularly for professional tooth cleaning, dental care recommendations and advice on treating your sensitive teeth.
Tooth sensitivity is a common dental problem. Meet with a dentist to diagnose the relevant problem and get it treated. It's a system to the underlying problem that needs to be corrected. Tc
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.