Tooth pain
Hello doctor, Yesterday I fell on my mouth while playing. Half of my tooth broke. There was no major bleeding. What should be done? Should I get a cap for my tooth?

Dr. Bianca Nazareth Arya
Periodontist 13 yrs exp Nagpur

You don't necessarily need a crown. Depending on the amount of tooth fracture and symptoms the dentist will decide what you need. If you have no pain and there is no exposure of the nerve, all you may need is a cosmetic build up of the tooth either with composite resin or a porcelain veneer. Even if the tooth later on needs a root canal treatment, this will not go waste as the root canal treatment can be done by approaching the nerve from the back of the tooth. Please find a good dentist who has experience with esthetic dental treatment so that you restore your tooth while being as conservative as possible.
Dr. Avinash Sahu
Dentist 6 yrs exp Bilaspur

Hi, RCT at first place then a cap will be best for you. Best of luck.
Prof. Sheetal Patani
Dentist 17 yrs exp Nashik

Broken tooth means there might be damage to the pulp tissue (nerve ) inside. You need to get a root canal treatment done prior to fixing a cap. Else in future it would be to problematic. Might well this cap would go waste if any treatment needs to be done.
Dr. Anupriya. A
Dental Surgeon 19 yrs exp Bangalore
Yes ,crowning is right, as a long term solution. But it is always safe to do a root canal treatment before crowning. Because even if the tooth is alright now it may turn nonvital during the course of time due to the impact. I hope the tooth is not shaking. ..