Tooth pain after clean up
I have undertaken clean up and filling for my right sided upper tooth, after that I am suffering from severe pain whenever I try to chew food from right side of the teeth. I had been to few dentists but they are unable to detect any problem as the tooth looks absolutely fine. What should I do please suggest as from last eight months I am chewing food from left side of the teeth only..

Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla
Oral Pathologist 11 yrs exp Faridabad

An x-ray of the tooth will help us better in giving a logical advise, but pain for such a long duration definitely indicates that there is some infection in or around the tooth and that needs treatment to alleviate the symptoms..... Please visit an endodontist for the best clinical guidance in your case..... Regards.....
Dr. Pramod Babu
Dentist 7 yrs exp Delhi

if this problem started only after filling then may be because it is overfilled. filling is bit high so the opposite teeth areexerting high pressure on that tooth causing pain. but a definitive diagnosis can be made only after clinical examination
Dr. Joseph Jaganathan
Dentist 18 yrs exp Bangalore

Sometimes there may be a high point in the filling, that is it's filled a little high. If not sometimes if the bonding of the filling is not properly done than there can be micro leakage from the filling, in such case a refilling will help with a good calcium  hydroxide base underneath. Need to check an X Ray to check if it's very close to the pulp horns. Pls feel free to call.
Dr. Akanksha S.D
Oral Medicine and Radiology 8 yrs exp Bangalore

Sometimes a high point on a filling can also cause pain. Please get the tooth checked for a high point from your dentist. The other reason can be if the filling is too deep or too close to the pulp. Kindly get an X ray done to reveal that.
Dr. Suman Makam
Dentist 22 yrs exp Davanagere

Hello, Mam,If it is a deep filling,then the pulp could get inflammed leading to pain.Also check for high points in the filling.Get a root canal done if the pulp is inflammed. Regards Dr Suman Makam
Dr. Prabhu Dev P
Dentist 15 yrs exp Bangalore

Sometimes a high point on a filling can also cause pain. Please get the tooth checked for a high point from your dentist. The other reason can be if the filling is too deep and the nerve being infected. An x-ray will confirm this.
Dr. Babita Sangwan
Dental Surgeon 13 yrs exp Gurgaon

Probably the filling is too close to the pulp. .or nerves. . Kindly get an X ray done. .The tooth might require a root canal to get rid of pain ..
Dr. Yatharth Bhatia
Dentist 13 yrs exp Gurgaon
Hi There is good chance that you have a high point on that tooth. That means the filling is not fully adjusted in relation to its opposing tooth. It can also be a vertical fracture of the tooth. It also is missed by dentist very easily. Lastly the filling can be near your nerve and might need root canal. Regards
Dr. K. Ramprasad
Dentist 5 yrs exp Coimbatore
Dear madam, going with ur description if the pain is lasting for such a long span of 8 months after d restoration and tooth looks fine clinically as per ur verse, the reason for pain could b either tooth pulpal inflammation, tooth/ root fracture, infection in any of the neighboring teeth, impacted teeth(considering ur age), or neuralgic pain. Get urself examined in a speciality hospital or dental college. Hope this helped. Feel free to ask for any more queries. Tc
Dr. Aarthi Shankar
Dentist 11 yrs exp Bangalore
Have an OPG X-ray done to locate the problem .This X-ray will show all the teeth in one frame.If there is any issue with the filling also we can see in that .
Dr. Jyotsna Patel
Dentist 17 yrs exp Mumbai
Maybe an issue with the filling Such type of problems are difficult to diagnose clinically or on xray