Tooth misalignment

I've had braces 5 years ago but I couldn't wear my retainers religiously coz of it my teeth shifted a bit. Now my tooth next to the right front tooth has shifted inside. My orthodontist gave me a new retainer with a spring so that it can push my crooked tooth to misalign it. Since I'm shifting to another town I cannot visit my orthodontist again. My question is for how long I'll have to wear the retainer. Will it actually make any difference and in how much time I can see whether it is working or not? Thank you.

Dr. Akhil Agarwal
Orthodontist 15 yrs exp Lucknow

If you feel the teeth r shifting due to new retainer, better consult a qualified Orthodontist that is Braces specialist.
Dr. Hiren Prajapati
Dental Surgeon 7 yrs exp Ahmedabad

You should wear it for about 6 months. It will hold the teeth at new positions.  You can take it out while eating though.  It can move your teeth back from changing position but depends on how far it has moved.  If your Dentist have given you then he must be sure that you will get result from that. Anyhow,  it good to wear retainer for long time,  and for any query you can consult nearby dentist for the same.
Dr. Suman Makam
Dentist 21 yrs exp Bangalore

Hello, Yes,you need to wear the retainers for at least 6 months.This will a very crucial phase of the treatment as it provides stability to the teeth in their new position. Regards DR SUMAN MAKAM DENTAL ARTS BANGALORE
Dr. Abhishek Gupta
Orthodontist 10 yrs exp Jabalpur
Definitely your retainer will work but it depends how much of your tooth has moved in and is there any sufficient space available for that tooth to come back to its original position.. I would suggest full time wear for your retainer, only skip wearing it when you r eating.... .