Tooth extraction
I had filling in my last but one tooth which wore off with time and now there's a big hole in my tooth which is causing infection and pain whenever i eat. I am confused if extraction is good or root canal?? In future can there be again any kind of infection if root canal is done or it may be that the doc does  root canal improperly..

First get an x-Ray done and then decide but as per my suggestion go for conservative treatment and if the tooth is in a condition to get saved the  do save it.

Talk to experienced dentist online and get your health questions answered in just 5 minutes.

Consult with a dentist
Hi,,get an X-ray done of the tooth involved,,and visit a dentist asap.
On the basis of amount of tooth structure remaining go for the conservative one..discuss with your dentist dat RCT is possible or not. If yes then go for the conservative treatmnt followed by Core Build up and Caping rather than extracting it.
Maintain proper oral hygiene.
The amount of remaining tooth structure usually dictates the final treatment. Yes you do have 2 options. But it's always better to go with a more conservative treatment. So if available tooth structure is enough go with root canal treatment followed by a crown on that tooth. If done properly there is a good chance that infection won't develop soon. Do maintain a good oral hygiene after the treatment.