Too much sleep

Im in xii bt i m facing the prob of 2 mch sleepy feeling.!!!!  My sleeping duration thus has awfully increased...so tell me de way not to sleep much...(i sleep even in the noon nd smtmes at 11 am!)

Nd what do u thnk .... how long a 17 yr boy shld sleep.how mny hrs???

views-icons 39 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Too much sleep

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello,
I understand how you feel.

It is difficult to come to a conclusion with the limited details that you've provided.
It could have been better if you would have provided me few more details like your height, weight, lifestyle, no of hours you sleep in the night, food you take and it's time table.

Becasue lack of physical activity, consumption of fatty food, excessive usage of gadgets during nights,  stress, lack of proper sleep during nights minimum of 7-8 hours if sound sleep during night, or excessive day time sleepiness.
Make sure that you have atleast an hour of physical activity, minimising the gadgets use at nights, to avoid sleeping in the day you need to keep yourself busy by preparing a time table for the day and alloting time for each and every part of the schedule. Do the work of your like whenever you're sleepy in the day like sports any of your hobbies. If you're still not satisfied consult a neuro physician for your assistance.

Thank you