Tonsils problem

I'm having tonsils problem since I was 10 years old, then I have gone for surgery to remove them when I was 20 , and now from past 1 year I'm suffering from the Same issue and heavy cough, I'm using regular cough tablets and tonics but there is no use ... can you please suggest me what to do? Is there any permanent solution for my problem...

Doctor Answers (2) on Tonsils problem

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil Bangalore | ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist
please drop in to my clinic for a clinical evaluation. A thorough clinical examination should give me enough information to help manage your problem
Dr. Vinay S Bhat Bangalore | ENT/ Otolaryngologist
First of all you should know that tonsillitis means recurrent infections of tonsils which are present in our throat which causes recurrent throat pain, fever and difficulty in swallowing only during acute attacks and rest of the times there won't be any symptoms. Cough cold and other symptoms are not really related to tonsillitis and probably you are suffering from recurrent viral infection or allergic airway disorder. Consult nearby ENT specialist for confirmation of diagnosis and appropriate treatment