Tonsillitis
Hello Doctor Since last 3 days I'm suffering from Tonsillitis. 2 days I took Roxid 150 (1 for each day) & today I took Azee 250 but I'm not finding any improvement in my condition. I'm also doing Gargles with salt water 2-4 times a day. Is it because I'm taking only antibiotic, not taking antiallergic with it. Please suggest me a best combo of medicines for quick relief in Tonsillitis. Thanks & Regards, Amit S

Dr. Pinaki Mazumder
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 31 yrs exp Kolkata

If you really have tonsillitis it should be treated with proper antibiotic in proper dose and for proper duration.It seems you haven't fulfilled any of the criteria, so don't waste any more time, consult a good ENT doctor and get your self properly treated.

Hi..... Get plenty of sleep and rest your voice. Drink fluids. Drink plenty of water to keep the throat moist and prevent dehydration. Try comforting foods and beverage. Warm liquids — broth, caffeine-free tea or warm water with honey can soothe a sore throat. Gargle saltwater. A saltwater gargle of 1 teaspoon. Gargle the solution and then spit it out...... Consider lozenges. Lozenges can soothe a sore throat.....