Tongue tie
I visited nearby speech therapist in my area after facing pronunciation issue with few words since childhood .Dr. told me that I have tongue tie and he suggested me frenectomy. Cost will be Rs. 4000. Post that specch therapy session twice a week for 1 or 2 months. I dont have any issue in eating. I would like to know 1)Will there be any improvement in my pronunciation after surgery 2) How much laser surgery cost? 3) Do I require local anaesthesia or gen anaesthesai for the surgery 4) what will be recovery period? 5) whom should I prefer for the surgery speech therapist or dentist?

Dr. M. R. Pujari
Dentist 12 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi..yes surgery helps in pronunciation. It is done under local anesthesia. Oral surgeon is best person to do it. Laser costs around 6000-12000. Regards
Hi there, Frenectomy is a very simple procedure and it will simply free up your tongue so that better range of movements would be possible. Frenectomy followed by speech therapy will definitely improve your pronounciation. Laser surgery cost varies from clinic to clinic depending on surgeon and equipment. But it is not more than 20k usually. Local anesthesia will be given. Recovery period would be a week or two. You can get it done by an oral surgeon (MDS in oral surgery or BDS with certificates and experience in surgery) and then take the therapy from the therapist.