Tired Eyes

I'm getting whiteness in front of my eyes when I try to read and cannot continue for more than two minutes. I'm lacking concentration as well. And most of the time because of this problem I tend to close my eyes while reading.. Please help me out with this thing ASAP. Waiting for positive response. My age is 22 and weight 95 kgs.

Doctor Answers (2) on Tired Eyes

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
This is due dryness 1.blink a lot 2.cold compresses 3. Use lubricating eyedrop
Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello,It's a fatigue or tiring of the eyes, usually characterized by discomfort, dimness of vision, and headache, caused by overuse of the visual organs, dysfunction of the ocular muscles, and incorrect refraction. Symptoms often occur after reading, computer work, or other close activities that involve tedious visual tasks. When concentrating on a visually intense task, such as continuously focusing on a book or computer monitor, the ciliary muscle tightens. This can cause the eyes to get irritated and uncomfortable. Giving the eyes a chance to focus on a distant object at least once an hour usually alleviates the problem. You need to sit in dark dark room with open eyes for ten minutes during day time .it will relax your eyes. You need to concentrate on reducing your weight too. Please consult ophthalmologist if you have any short or long sitedness.