Tinea cruris

I have had tinea cruris since almost a year.. The 1st time I took the medication it got cured.. Then again it reoccured after 3-4 months.. And now again I'm starting to have it in my inner thighs.. Kindly suggest some permanent solution and to stop it from reoccurring.

Doctor Answers (1) on Tinea cruris

Hi.  Fungal infection is quite common, especially more common in men. This is often related to humidity, tight clothing, excess sweating and accumulation of moisture. You'll need to keep the area dry, wear lose clothing. You'll need to see a dermatologist for confirmation of infection and treatment with oral antifungals and creams. If there's resistance to one particular medicine another medicine may be needed depending on your improvement. DO NOT USE OVER THE COUNTER CREAMS LIKE BETNOVATE GM OR PAN DERM OR QUADRIDERM... this will only prolong the infection. Hope this helps. Warm regards .