Thyroid test TSH val 6.9

I have recently done thyroid test, in which TSH value is 6.95 and I had done test in Sept at that time TSH was 4.04 .. What does it indicates ? Which doctor I need to consult..is it serious issue

Doctor Answers (2) on Thyroid test TSH val 6.9

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello There. I can understand your concern. do not need to worry. see, normally "x" amount of TSH is required to produce enough amount of thyroid hormone in your body, but if more than "x" amount of TSH is required to produce the same amount of thyroid hormone, the its termed as thyroid insufficiency, that is hypothyroidism. it can be treated well. you just need to consult a general physician in person who will write and give you appropriate medicines. best regards, Dr. anil kumar jain.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi..... thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) test is a common blood test used to evaluate how well the thyroid gland is working. ..... When the thyroid gland isn't producing enough thyroid hormone a condition called hypothyroidism, the pituitary gland produces more TSH in an attempt to stimulate the thyroid and increase its production of thyroid hormones.... Consult Physician.....