Thyroid & psychological

I am a hypothyroid patient from past 1 and half years. First I used 100 mgc for 9 months and then doctor changed to 75 mgc. But after 6mnth of usage, I got some breathing problems. So that doctor changed the dose to 125 mgc. I used for 3 mnths. Now I am having issues with body temprature and sweating, laziness, forgetfulness. In that other side, I am having psychological issues. I cannot control my emotions at all. I cry for small things and getting angry easily. I don't want this and I want to be normal. My dad used to beat me a lot in my childhood. I want to forget those days but I can't. I'm a total loser. Please help me how to overcome all these. I really want to be a normal happy woman.

Doctor Answers (1) on Thyroid & psychological

There is a strong association between hypothyroidism and depression. I see you are getting treatment for hypothyroidism. Simultaneously you needed to take treatment for depression as well. So kindly contact a psychiatrist.