Thyroid profile

Hello i have got my thyroid profile done a few months back and reports state.. hemoglobin -11.6 gm/dl t3 -134.82 ng/dl t4 - 7.28 ug/dl tsh- 5.19 uIU/ml i think that may be i am getting fat day by day due to thyroid could this be the reason.. if yes.. then suggest me the doctor i should meet for this.. and since past 2 years my menstural cycle is disturbed.. i get periods for 2 days a month.. so what could be the reason for this..

Doctor Answers (1) on Thyroid profile

Dr. Nikhil Prabhu Mumbai | Diabetologist
It looks like subclinical hypothyroidism. You can repeat TSH after 6-8 weeks. If TSH is still high then you might require levothyroxine treatment. Yes menstrual irregularities and weight gain could be due to hypothyroidism. You can consult any diabetologist or endocrinologist for further advice and treatment. Diet and regular exercise plays key role in weight loss.