diabetes-icon
Thyroid problem
My TSH levels are increasing even the dosage of throxine tablets have been increased. My weight & blood pressure is showing an increasing trend. My lipid profile shows high triglyceride & VLDL cholesterol. What to do?

Dr. Sheetal Aversekar
Diabetologist 8 yrs exp Mumbai

The dose of thyroxine depends on the body weight. You might require a higher dose than 75 mcg. Also, ensure that you are regular with the tablets and the timing of the tablets. A healthy balanced diet and exercise programme would gradually bring down your weight and the other problems you have mentioned. Visit a diabetologist for proper guidance.