diabetes-icon

Thyroid problem

I have thyroid bt I take regular medicine and now my thyroid report is showing that it's in under control bt still I luk little fat??? What I do now , everyone makes jokes of my fatness I m little depressed for this

Doctor Answers (2) on Thyroid problem

DR .V.HARI PRASAD Chittoor | General Physician
Except few people no one in the world have perfect health or physic.be brave.because of genetics some people will appear obese.continue your medicine
visit a dietitian / gym trainer for careful reduction of your weight that too you think there need for weight reduction.
check ,bp,sugar,cholesterol,do regular exercises,maintain healthy lifestyle.avoid junk foods.
Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there...I can understand your concern. It would have been better if you had posted your height so that we could have calculated the appropriate weight for you. First and foremost you must understand losing your weight is a very gradual process. You should have strong determination and patience if you want to lose weight. And it cannot happen suddenly. Losing too much suddenly is also not good for health. You have to follow a strict diet and exercise schedule. Regarding diet - have small multiple meals instead of 3 big meals, eat food rich in proteins and fibres like egg white boiled chicken vegetables fruits pulses, avoid carbohydrate rich foods like rice curds oily foods sweets ghee and other junk food. Regarding exercises - start slowly with brisk walking, then change over to jogging, running and other abdominal exercises. Never over strain yourself. And always keep yourself well hydrated and enjoy whatever you do. Also consult a dietician at any hospital who will be able to give you a proper chart regarding the same