diabetes-icon
Thyroid problem
Hi! I am suffering from Hypothyroidism. I was diagnosed in feb 2016, at that time my TSH was 18.25 and I started taking thyronorm 150 mg, in 3 months it fluctuated to 0.04. My doctor asked me to reduce the dosage to 75 mg. In october 2016, my TSH was 14.5 and now I took a test again on 28th, and now my TSH is 9.5. Should I continue on the same medication or reduce the dosage? My height is 5'4 and my weight is approx 70kg.

Hi.... One to two weeks after starting treatment, you'll notice that you're feeling less fatigued. The medication also gradually lowers cholesterol levels elevated by the disease and may reverse any weight gain. Treatment with levothyroxine is usually lifelong, but because the dosage you need may change, your doctor is likely to check your TSH level every year.....