diabetes-icon
Thyroid problem
Hello doctor I having hypothyroidism since three year,I am taking 100 mcg regular medicine and my periods is regular but before one year back,I am getting 5 days bleeding but from last one year it's come to 3 days,in thyroid case how many days bleeding should happen and my TSH Value is 1.50 and this will affect to my pragency,pls help me

Dr. Harsha
Hi there...thyroid disorders can cause irregular menstrual cycles. But 3 to 5 days of bleeding is normal for a menstrual cycle. But if there's a sudden change in the pattern of menstrual cycle, then it could be due to several reasons like thyroid disorders, drug intake, stress, anemia, pcod, fibromas, etc. It will need detailed clinical examination and further investigations like ultrasound abdomen and pelvis. So kindly consult a nearby gynecologist with your thyroid function tests reports for further evaluation.