diabetes-icon

Thyroid medicine

I want to know that my t3 and t4 are normal and TSH is around 6.45 from last one year.i feel to much hungry in one and two hour,i cant eat normal amount and feel nausea and sometime vomiting.is this due to high TSH.from last 2 days i am taking mactotal and health OK syrup bcoz i feel to much weakness.and from yesterdayi feel too much hungry and nausea vomiting within one hour.is this due to medicine. i am not yet taking any thyroid medicine.plz help

Doctor Answers (1) on Thyroid medicine

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, I went through your query, high tsh level indicate hypothyroidism . Hypothyroidism has many symptoms, like weight gain, weakness, loss on interest in anything and many other things. Your tsh level is high, you need to take L-thyroxine tablets in proper dosage. And this single episode of vomiting is either could be due to gastritis(multivitamins could cause) or gastroenteritis, please consult a general physician for further workup.