Thyroid & insomnia

I am 24 yrs old working in IT firm where in some time I have to work in nught shifts. My daily routine is diaturbed and it changes on monthly basis. In aug i was diagonsed with thyroid (tsh =36) sonce then I am taking 50mg thyroxin as prescribed. Now a days i noticed that i cannot sleep for 24-48 hrs. When i come back from night shift, the whole day I down on bed but could not sleep. It causes headache and irritaion. I feel frustrated. My sleep habit has become brittle. Just a light sound make up awake. I am very upset. Help me please

Dr. Jankhana Hakani
Psychiatrist 9 yrs exp Mumbai

Hello, Kindly check your thyroid hormone levels. And talk to your physician about it . Once the thyroid levels come to normal and if still these symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist. Take care
Dr. Bevin S
Psychiatrist 11 yrs exp Chennai

You have mentioned that you are on thyroxine for hypothyroidism from Aug. Kindly check the thyroid levels again. Hypothyroidism is very prone to cause sleep disturbances, mood swings, concentration problems, irritability and bodily symptoms. You have also mentioned that about irregular sleep pattern which can worsen your mood and also thyroid problem
kindly consult a endocrinologist and psychiatrist. Repeat your thyroid profile.
Maintain a proper sleep schedule. Take food at proper time.Stay with family and friends. Avoid being alone. Stay Relaxed Be Healthy.
Dr. Swaroop Bhatankar Niwal
Psychiatrist 5 yrs exp Thane

As u have clearly mentioned that you have been diagnosed with thyroid issues in Aug and are on medications.i would like to know that have your repeated yr blood parameters and has thyroid levels normalised. If not u may have to consult yr endocrinologist for adequate dose titration . For sleep issues u should also consult a psychiatrist who will prescribe Meds so that yr sleep cycle is regularised and also u need to follow good sleep hygiene.
consult endocrinologist and psychiatrist
Dr. Kirti Tandel
Psychiatrist 5 yrs exp Thane
Hello Miss. Sleep disturbances and Mood swings are very common in people diagnosed with hypothyroidism. In the initial phase of treatment, there is a high possibility of fluctuation in the hormone levels. Hope you are taking the treatment from an endocrinologist. If not kindly consider the same. Thyroid hormone levels need to be checked at regular intervals.
Visit an endocrinologist
Once the hormones are normal and yet you suffer from the same symptoms, it may be beneficial that you consult a Psychiatrist or a Psychologist and get yourself evaluated for any underlying psychological conflicts as well.  Take care.