diabetes-icon
Thyroid and decrease fat
I have thyroid problem and I have pimples plz help me to overcome this.I'm little fat because of thyroid

Dr. Nikhil Prabhu
Diabetologist 8 yrs exp Mumbai

Generally obese females with PCOS have more testesterone level (male hormone) which causes pimples, increase in facial hairs, irregular menses, etc. Weight loss with diet and exercise can decrease these symptoms of insulin resistance. Certain medications like metformin also helps to increase insulin sensitivity and helps in weight loss. Hypothyroidism also needs to be controlled with levothyroxin supplements. It is advisable to consult a diabetologist or endocrinologist before starting such medication
Ms. Dt. Itu Chhabra
Dietitian/Nutritionist 7 yrs exp Gurgaon

Hi, maintaining your weight in thyroid is a very essential aspect. It will keep your body overall balanced with less mood swings. Incorporate lots of seasonal fruits and veggies to build immunity and strength. Avoid the cauliflower family and soya. Go for regular brisk walks. And eat less spice and oily stuff to avoid pimples.