Thumb dislocated
I dislocated my thumb but it is treated and it came to right position. I had X-ray after that and there was no fracture. It's been a week now. The pain has gone and I can do slight movements because it's still swollen a little. I want to know is it a concern that it is still swollen around the joint?

Dr. Anuradha Sharma (PT)
Clinical Physiotherapist 10 yrs exp Noida

Apply ice pack and volini gel after movement
Dr. Vishwas Virmani (PT)
General Physician 21 yrs exp Noida

Hot fomentation. Gentle Stretching of Hand Muscles. Ball exercises. Wrist Exerciser.
Dr. Deepak Dhole (PT)
Physiotherapist 8 yrs exp Thane
Use u r joint as much as possible within bearable pain limit ...avoid reinjury.....do the continue movement of thumb.. .dont.worry never rest...u r joint. ... .let the swelling goes..... by itself....thanx.